Which Magnesium form Works Best for Which Condition
In this short video, best selling author and pharmacist, Dr. James DiNicolantonio discusses why coffee drinkers should consider increasing both their salt and magnesium.
He also reviews the three main considerations when it comes to choosing the right magnesium supplement for you:
- Does it have a laxative effect? (Magnesium citrate is often used for it’s pro-laxative properties—but that doesn’t mean it’s the best form for absorption.)
- What’s the bioavailability of the magnesium? (e.g. oxide VS glycinate)
- Does the form of the magnesium help it penetrate into the cell?
Use coupon code: mag and save 17% OFF any of our mineral blends and access webinar PDF transcripts of the webinar plus associated magnesium research PDFs.
Overview of the Three Main Magnesium Forms:
- Magnesium Citrate: poorly absorbed, especially in higher doses, but can help you ‘go number two’ (This is why Mag. Citrate is the form of Magnesium in our product Number 2.)
- Magnesium Glycinate Chelate from Albion: highly absorbable, organic Albion mineral chelate. Studies show magnesium supplementation partially reversed sleep changes associated with aging and improved objective and subjective measures of sleep. Improving sleep quality and countering the effects of chronic stress positively impact mood—another area that is beneficially influenced by optimal magnesium status.
- Magnesium L Threonate: This form was developed by MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) researchers to support “brain power.” Studies show it supports healthy brain magnesium levels, synapse number and function and cognitive health*.
View this post on Instagram
These common drugs deplete your body of Magnesium, the mineral that participates in more enzymatic functions than any other. Making notes and compiling research from @drjamesdinic’s amazing webinar for our members about all things magnesium! Email goes out tomorrow AM. You can register for the webinar replay by clicking the link in the bio above.) What’s your favorite form of magnesium? #magnesium #magnesiumdeficiency #coffee #fasting #salt #electrolytes #exercise #sauna #keto #ketodiet