Vitamin A (retinol) is a fat-soluble vitamin essential for vision, growth, reproduction, cell division, and the integrity of the immune system. The most well-known function of vitamin A is its role in vision.
- Amount Per Serving
- Serving Size 1/2 dropper • Servings Per Container 60
- each serving contains:
- Vitamin A 1,500 mcg (5,000 IU in the previous value)
- (as vitamin A palmitate, and fish liver oil [cod])
- Other ingredients: Other Ingredients: glycerin, water, sunflower oil, natural flavors, oleic acid polyglyceride, sunflower lecithin, potassium citrate, xanthangum, rosmarinic acid.
- Suggested Usage: 1/2 dropper daily
Why Consider Vitamin A?
During vitamin A deficiency, immune function is impaired, which puts the body at increased risk for infections. Acute infections further deplete the body of vitamin A, which leads to an even more impaired immune function and an even lower resistance to infections.* While a few studies have found that vitamin A status in developed populations may be adequate, many studies showed that marginal vitamin A deficiency is quite common. Women often have lower vitamin A levels than men - who tend to consume more meats high in vitamin A. The elderly and immune-compromised are also at increased risk for marginal vitamin A deficiency. The intestinal absorption of vitamin A is associated with fat absorption. Therefore, some dietary fat must be present for efficient vitamin A absorption to occur.
Warning: Studies indicate that levels of vitamin A in excess of 1,200 mcg daily can increase the incidence of birth defects or other reproductive harm. If pregnant or nursing, consult with your healthcare practitioner before taking this product.